Thursday 26 July 2012

Nightfall

Adelaide had an idea the other day. She suggested we all go out to dinner, the four of us; she and Nathan, and Sky and I. I thought this was a wonderful idea, so we asked the men what they thought.They happily agreed, so last night we all went to a restaurant close to Central Park. It looked quite nice, but the food was a bit disappointing. It was very enjoyable, spending time with friends. Nathan and Sky talked about gambling while Adelaide and I discussed wedding details.

Sky and Nathan must have hatched a little scheme during their conversation; I think they ordered Adelaide and I one too many glasses of wine, because we were overcome with school-girlish giggles for the rest of the night.


After dinner, we took a stroll in Central Park. It was dusk and everything was bathed in deep pink. Hardly speaking, we walked along, both couples hand in hand. I was still quite giddy, but I fought to hold it in. After a while, however, Adelaide could not do it any longer. She became very animated, dancing around and laughing. It's lucky we were alone, as people would have stared. It was amusing to watch, what with her speaking a little too loudly, and a little to quickly. Nathan seemed to find this particularly funny, and couldn't keep his eyes of his fiancee of nearly fifteen years. Eventually, Sky pulled me away to allow them some privacy. 

We stopped and sat on a bench to watch the sun set. Sky had his arm around me and I could feel the effects of the wine ebbing away. It was ever so peaceful and romantic. It was one of those moments where I was amazed at my own happiness. 

I rested my head on his shoulder. We stayed like that for a long time, watching as the sun sank lower and lower beneath the horizon, and ended the night with a kiss.


All my love,
-Miss Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment